Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Compassion for a Cockroach

Blog Day 1 - Practice Compassion

Wouldn't you say it's easy to have compassion for this Cat, Marley. He is a sweetie! That was his favorite friend.
Now, to have compassion for a cockroach or not to have compassion for, YES, even a cockroach?
If you choose to participate in reading my blog you will discover an account of my "walk about" adult journey into discovering ONEness ....to remove blockades to connection to our Source, my innate spiritual wisdom and my Over Soul or Higher Conscious Self. Here you will find one "Divine Feminine" woman's adventure into a discovery that she can overcome her fears: of bees, joblessness, moving in with family at 33 (eeeeek Christ Year almighty!), re-locating to LA with PTSD symptoms (why would you do that?), living on a sailboat, near death experiences 4 times in 2 months (almost drowned in the Pacific, engine explosion and crashed a boat into a barge), hunted by a drone, traveling alone in Mexico and London, homelessness, communal living (7 people plus pets in a 3 bedroom condo with 3 bathrooms), living out of a car, boats, retreat centers, moving in with an Israeli boyfriend who's two hours late to EVERYTHING and late with rent ...and the list goes on.

Well today the greatest challenge yet came to pass after a night of past life regressions in a group with ANNA BLISS from get-hypnotized.com
Yes I have cockroaches as roomies. They aren't half bad, they don't really eat your food like a human roomie. They eat trash. They don't make any noise or wear your clothes. They don't use your bathroom supplies up and forget to buy more. They just fly in your hair and jump off the walls, and crawl under rugs. They stay out of your way mostly. I have become very adept in stealthy moves as I learn how to catch them and release them. As I complete a 40 day sadhana in the Kundalini style tradition, meditating at the wee hours of the morning (called the "ambrosial" hours) I feel that I must practice non-violence in every way possible to be a good student of the Guru, God, Source, Divine Spirit, Holy Spirit.

So I have made the choice to NOT kill cockroaches but to see them, capture them, talk to them about never returning and give them a chance to live .....outside of my home.
You may ask  "why so kind to a small freaky insect". Well, what if I was one of them? Just a slob like one of them? after ALL WE ARE KINDA LIKE COCKROACHES at times, scary, bacteria-ridden, look at a babies hands you will see! Humans take over wherever we live and we can survive, like they do, in almost any condition. We pro-create and wreak havoc sometimes but we destroy the habitat we dwell in, makin mountainous piles of trash while they just run around adapting to it and eating it. But really all we want is to mind our own business. We are like them in that way. If something 1000 times the size of me saw me and ran, screamed or tried to smash me every time I saw it I WOULD be traumatized!
So in the spirit of compassion I let them come visit and then I capture and release them.
Now today one landed on my head otherwise known as the "Crown Chakra". It was not cool. At 4 am I slowly crept to my bathroom with sagging eyes and groggy steps and bam! One of these buggers fell on my head and landed to the floor in shock. It was on its back and stunned. So I picked it up in a cup with an inspiring card that says "Universe is just waiting to create what you want if you just BE YOU. " Styrofoam cup and a hard card works great for capturing crawlers. Flies are way worse.
By this time I am surrendered after multiple summer days of capturing these little fellas.

But something says I should meditate and use prayer ...the kind of mental voodoo or mind projection to block cockroaches from entering my home. There is a crack under my front door which is the entry way and so there I focus my attention to create a invisible cockroach shield! Well God answers prayer.

I left for work after TWO captures that day before 7 am and one is lying on it's back twitching at the doorway to my home. Inside. For no reason it died upon entering my home! Meaning it crawled under my door and lied down dead. It really is easy to have compassion for anything dying. Anything that is so hated and despised that NO ONE seems to LOVE it.   
It is in this moment that I realized that my life is worth a lot. And I am a powerful prayer warrior. There are many living, breathing beings that LOVE me. And I am darn cute. SO since I am blessed I should have compassion for the most unlovable as well the lovable Marley cat.

Because I am blessed to be human. And gratefully happy that I am not a cockroach.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Now you don't have to be reborn as a roach since you've learned to love them!

    Ps, have you ever eaten a chocolate roach?

    ReplyDelete